This fall leaves will be collected in bulk by the Wyandotte Department of Public Service, with vacuum machines or loaders. All leaves should be at the curb the Monday of each week indicated.
The city requests residents avoid parking on the street during their weeks of leaf collection. The city also request residents do not place any corn stalks, pumpkins or garden debris in the street during leaf collection. Those items can be recycled at the Drop-Off Recycling Center.
Please observe the following rules for the collection
- Rake all leaves into the street at the curb.
- Do not mix sticks or other debris in the leaf piles, as these can cause damage to our equipment or our employees.
- Leaves that are placed in cardboard boxes, paper bags, or plastic bags will not be collected.
- For safety reasons, please do not allow children to play in the piles that are placed in the road.
- Do not park over or near leaf piles due to the potential fire hazard.
- Wetting the leaf piles with a garden hose will prevent blowing and also reduce the risk of fires.
- Do not place leaves in street until your scheduled leaf collection week.
Leaves can also be dropped-off at the Recycling Center. The drop-off Recycling Center hours are Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday noon to 4 p.m.
The Recycling Center is closed on holidays. There will be extended hours during the month of November with the Recycling Center remaining open until 6 p.m. on Saturday and open on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The schedule for leaf collection is are follows:
(2) Oct.28 – Nov.1
South side of Ford Ave. to North side of Eureka, railroad tracks to 15th Street, also south side of Ford Ave. to north side of Eureka, 15th Street to Fort.
(3) Nov. 4-8
Pennsylvania Road to South side of Eureka, railroad tracks to Fort Street. South side of Oak Street to Eureka, 15th Street to Fort. South side of Grove to Central. Biddle to railroad tracks.
(4) Nov. 11-15
North side of Oak Street to North Drive, railroad tracks to Detroit River.
(5) Nov. 18-22
North side of Ford Ave, to North Drive, railroad tracks to east side of 15th Street.
(1) Nov. 25-29
West side of 15th Street to Fort Street, Goddard to North side of Ford Ave., also south side of Oak Street to north side of Grove. Detroit River to railroad tracks.