Source: Wayne County
Construction will take place on Pennsylvania Road from east of Fort Street (M-85) to the railroad crossing for a pavement improvement project.
When Will Work Take Place?
Work began on site on Monday, Aug. 19. Anticipated project completion is estimated to be Winter 2019.
What Should I Expect?
Please use caution when driving through work zones. Drivers and residents should take note of the following detours and traffic instructions:
• Pennsylvania Road: Open two-way traffic on Pennsylvania at all times. Flag traffic as needed.
• Pennsylvania Road Railroad: Closed and traffic will be detoured to Sibley Road or Eureka Road via Biddle Avenue or Fort Street and Quarry Road. The duration of the closure shall not exceed three weeks. This is a coordinated detour with other local construction jobs.
• Pennsylvania Road – M-85 Fort St Intersection: All lanes of traffic open on Fort St at all times.
• Pennsylvania Road – Electric Ave Intersection: Closed on Electric Avenue during reconstruction.
• Pennsylvania Road- 13th Street Intersection: Two-way-traffic will be maintained during reconstruction.
• Pennsylvania Road- Reno St Intersection: Closed on Reno Avenue during reconstruction.
• Pennsylvania Road- Memorial Park: Two pathways to Memorial Park will remain open at all times during construction.
• Pennsylvania Road-Quarry Road: Two-way traffic on Quarry will be maintained at all times for the duration of the project.
• Pennsylvania Rd-Side Street/Driveways: Maintain two way access to all side streets and driveways at all times. Flag traffic as needed during milling and paving operations. Access to all businesses and residences will be maintained.
What If I Have A Sprinkler System?
If you have a sprinkler system on your property and are along the project corridor, you are asked to identify and clearly stake the locations of the system (heads, valves, and underground lines) or any other underground utilities that are not part of the MISS DIG program. You can contact Wayne County’s Department of Public Services Field Engineering Division at 734-595-6504 ext. 2058
For More Information, contact the 24 hour customer service center at 888 ROAD CREW or visit waynecounty.com