Steel magnate and philanthropist Andrew Carnegie gave away hundreds of millions of dollars to charitable causes. His favorite was the building of libraries. He built more than 60 in MIchigan alone. Here is the Wyandotte Carnegie Library built in 1911. It was closed in 1940 and demolished in 1967.
This hardware store-hotel was on the corner of Miller and Biddle streets around the turn of the 20th century.
The building of Wyandotte’s Roosevelt High School. Construction started in 1921 and the building was completed in 1923. Named for President Theodore Roosevelt, the building has undergone four renovations since it was opened.